College and Career Center
College and Career Center Coordinators
Susan Gannon, 203-341-1424, email@example.com
Shauna Flaherty, 203-341-1886, firstname.lastname@example.org
The College and Career Center is a resource for students and families to assist with post-high school planning. It is located adjacent to the Guidance Office and is open school days from 7:30 am-2:15 pm.
College Representative Visits
Each year, approximately 200 colleges hold information sessions at Staples for interested students.
College representatives: Book a school visit at Staples using our online scheduling system.
College and Career Center Programs
- Freshmen explore personality type and its application to future careers using "Do What you Are."
- Sophomores discover career options which match interest areas using "Career Interest Profiler."
- Juniors are trained on how to research colleges and access admission statistics including scattergrams and other features in Naviance.
- Juniors and seniors are offered workshops on the college essay/interview and completing the Common Application.
- Student Ambassadors is a service organization for juniors and seniors. Student Ambassadors greet guests and college representatives, assist with school events, participate in 8th grade orientation programs, and host new students. Applications are available each spring.
Resources for Students
- A school counselor is available to assist students during the lunch period four days per week.
- Computers, college guidebooks, and numerous reference books for students to access.
- The Job Bank is a list of employment and community service opportunities for Staples students.
- Working Papers are issued for employment within the state of CT, Monday-Friday 10:30 am-12:30 pm.
- Scholarships applications are available in the College and Career Center. For a more complete list of local scholarship opportunities for which Staples students can apply, check Naviance.