Staples High School College and Career Center
College Representatives: To book a school visit at Staples, please use our new online scheduling link: shscollegevisits.youcanbook.me.
Seniors: To download a pass to attend a college visit, click here.
College and Career Center Coordinators
Resources for Students
The College and Career Center is designed to assist you and your parents with post-high school planning. It is located adjacent to the Guidance Office and is open every day from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Computers are available every period, and staff will assist you with online college research. There is a counselor available to assist students during the lunch period four days per week. Resources available include:
- Computers, college guidebooks, and numerous reference books for students to access.
- The Job Bank is a list of employment and community service opportunities for current Staples students.
- Workshops are offered each year on a variety of topics including the college essay/personal statement, interviewing, completing the Common Application, and resume writing. Juniors and seniors are welcome to attend during their lunch period.
- Working Papers are issued for employment within the state of CT.
- College Representative visits: Each year, approximately 200 colleges and universities visit Staples to hold information sessions with interested students. Students: check Naviance for upcoming visit information. Click here to download a pass to attend a college visit. College representatives: to book a school visit at Staples, please visit our new online scheduling link: shscollegevisits.youcanbook.me.
- Scholarships: Hard copies of some scholarship applications are available in the College and Career Center. For a more complete list of local scholarship opportunities for which Staples students can apply, check Naviance.
Naviance Family Connection
Naviance Family Connection is a comprehensive website that students and their families can use to help in making decisions about colleges and careers.
College and Career Center Programs
- Freshmen will explore their personality type and its application to future careers using "Do What you Are."
- Sophomores will discover future career options which match their own interest areas using the "Career Interest Profiler."
- Juniors will be trained on how to research colleges and access admission statistics including scattergrams and other features in Naviance
- Seniors can attend college representative visits in the fall. (Click here to download a pass to attend a college visit.) Seniors can also access information regarding and applications for local scholarships.
- Parents are offered training on using Naviance in January.